Friday, February 24, 2012

Venice-bound

Mrs C and I will be going off to Venice next week, for a short stay.
It will be our first visit there, and we're feeling excited about this
trip. Two of our relatives organised the trip, getting the flights and
finding an apartment to stay at (close by San Marco Square), and invited
us to join them, all of which has saved us a lot of time.

I'll be taking my smaller camera with me ... the Canon 350D, which is
not as good as my super-duper Canon 5 Mk 11. However the smaller one is
better for foreign travel, especially as we're not taking any suitcases,
just hand-luggage. I do resent paying the extra charges the airlines
impose for carrying suitcases in the hold ... just one suitcase can cost
£60 for a return journey.

I haven't got any other major news for you ... life is carrying on in
much the same way as before. You'll see a bit of what I've been up to
on my Flickr site, a link to which is in the right hand side-bar.

2 Comments:

Anonymous edt said...

Just browsed your photos from the Canon 350D, still a good performer. Your pictures bring back memories for visiting Venice 30 years ago. Regards from New Zealand

4:09 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for your comment, EDT ... sorry for not seeing it and replying sooner. Hope you're keeping well.

9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home