Thursday, February 02, 2012

Since my last post ...

... Mrs C and I went to see The Enchanted Island in Nottingham, which
was broadcast from the New York Met ... a stellar cast of singers, and
fabulous music and sets. A truly wonderful experience.

Another highlight was seeing a play at our Theatre Royal: "The Inspector
Calls", which had an interesting plot based on the suicide of a young
woman ... what had happened to her, to make her feel suicidal?

We went down to London last weekend, for Mini's 5th birthday. Her mum
had been busy organising a large birthday party for her, with her entire
class of schoolchildren invited along ... but Mini was too ill to attend!
(She developed a fever together with a bad sore throat and cough). Her
Dad went along to help out and to entertain the kids, and came back later
with a large sack of pressies for her (too many pressies I thought).

This week - spent doing Mrs C's online tax return, last minute as usual ...
with the help of an accountant friend. How I hate having to do tax
returns. Took the car in for an MOT and full service ... the car had
a few problems with the brakes, which were sorted out by a very
efficient mechanic (B., my cousin-in-law). The bill came to £540,
which is the downside of running an older car ... however the lower
depreciation of older cars is a huge bonus.

Yesterday, I met up with a friend in town, and we visited three
exhibitions that are on in Nottingham - local artists, local photographers
and an architectural one at the Nottingham Contemporary. The best bit
about the latter visit was the excellent pot of tea we drank in the cafe
downstairs. The photographers were members of the brilliant Flickr
Nottingham ... there are some fabulous photos on this site, including
a few of mine. :)

Today, I met up with my singer-songwriter niece about setting up a new
website for her (to display her music and paintings, and to set up things
like a forum for her fans). I'll be using Wordpress Twenty Eleven as the
basis for the new site, which I'll highly customize ... I haven't used
WordPress before, so I'm spending a lot of my spare time reading up about
it (and watching lots of YouTube videos about WP). I'll keep you "posted"
on this. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home