Saturday, September 24, 2011

What we're watching or listening to ...

Mrs C and I have been listening to a bit more radio in the evenings,
owing to the fact that there’s not much on the TV at the moment that
we like watching. Having said that, we do enjoy watching programmes
like “Downton Abbey” and “DCI Banks”, “Mock The Week”, “Outnumbered
and “The Great British Bake-Off”, but with the huge asset of watching
TV retrospectively, with Virgin Media’s “catch-up” service, we can
now watch most of the stuff we like in 3-4 evenings. Programmes like
Simon Cowell’s “X Factor” usually feature some brilliant new singing
talents in each episode, and with TV “catch-up” we can watch it in
about 10-15 minutes … missing all the adverts which is another huge
plus.

Mrs C introduced me to the comedian Andrew Lawrence, who appearing in
series of four shows currently on BBC Radio 4 … very funny. Here’s a
link to his most recent show, which UK listeners should be able to
hear for the next few days only.

Our old video machine is still working, which we use to record the
occasional film that we missed when it premiered, or one of the
golden oldies they broadcast from time to time.

Mrs C is having a huge cull of all our old films on video … I must
have put about 50 of them into a British Heart Foundation charity
bin (that’s close by Wimbledon Theatre) this weekend … old videos
like “South Pacific” and the BBC TV series of “Pride & Prejudice
featuring Colin Firth as Mr Darcy. Oh, what a classic, but we’d never
have watched it again.

I kept a few of my old instructional / inspirational guitar videos
for future use … featuring folk like BB King, Gary Moore, and
Sheryl Crow … I couldn’t throw them out, but when will I get round
to watching them again … when I could watch them or other star
performers on YouTube, if I so wished?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

I've recently been watching the rerun of 'The House Of Elliot' on ITV3. It's a period drama set in the 1920's. I missed a lot of episodes first time around due to shift working so it's been nice to follow the storyline properly this time.

P.S. Your photo of your friend Brian immediately reminded me of our fellow blogger friend Keith. I'm surprised that no-one else has commented on the likeness.

10:33 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kevin ... yes, I remember "The House of Elliot" series well ... Mrs C and I were very keen to watch it at the time.
Thanks for pointing out the likeness of Brian to Keith ... they've both got very friendly faces.

10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home