Friday, June 17, 2011

Back from holiday

We had a great time with our family on holiday in Majorca, as you'll see from
the photos I've put up on my Flickr site ... I've added a few of the pics onto
the bottom of this post also.

I've spent this past week sorting out my pics (over 2GB of them), catching up
my emails, attending the photography group I belong to, and sitting in a
dentist's chair for an hour, having two crowns re-made.

One of our daughters who lives in London (L.) announced the exciting news that
she and her partner are getting married in August, with family celebrations
before and after the event ... our half of the family will be having the get-together after the event. Mrs C and I have been invited to attend a London Registry Office for the wedding itself, along with J's parents. So with the two girls as well, the actual wedding will be a small affair. We're all going for a meal together afterwards. Hopefully, I won't have to give a speech, apart from proposing a toast to the bride and groom.

I've been invited to be the main photographer for the wedding, so I've rushed
out and bought myself a flash unit to go with my camera, so I can cope better
with any poor lighting conditions.

This weekend, we went down to London to stay with L and her family. The
weather was showery, which limited what we did outside the house. One of the
highlights of our stay was that Little D was starting to get the hang of
using her potty ... with some good results but the occasional miss. :)


A few holiday photos for you ...

The beach at Port D'Alcudia in Majorca ...

IMG_7033r

The mirror-image of our apartment's balcony view, with a thunderstorm imminent
in the background ...

IMG_7066r

Meeting up with Mickey Mouse in Palma ... a treat for our grandchildren, JJ and A.

IMG_6918r

A gorgeous light lunch in Pollenca, Majorca ... smoked salmon salad, with bread
and fresh orange juice ...

IMG_7126r

Some lovely flowers growing on a wall near our apartment ...
... Morning Glory, I think.

IMG_7021r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home