Saturday, January 08, 2011

Briefing at 2340 hours

We said goodbye to our daughter L and her two young children last Tuesday
… they set off by car early evening after the rush hour. I felt sad to
see them go, but at the same time I felt somewhat relieved to have some
free time to myself, and to be able to get on with a pile of admin work
I’ve got to do this month.

Having said that, I was out of the house at 6.45am on Thursday morning,
to help R. get her two children to the childminder’s that morning. R. had
to get into work earlier than usual as she was running a course at her
workplace that day. And on Friday, we had her two children, A and JJ,
with us for 11 hours … our regular fortnightly stint. So I haven't had
much of a break from our grandchildren this past week.

The admin work I referred to earlier includes helping my wife get her tax
return info together … I spent 6 hours on it today, but I'm making slow
progress. I’ve also got a chunk of work to do on my late mother’s probate
(with the help of an accountant), plus about a week’s work sorting my
annual Gift Aid return for my local U3A. I've also got a photo-assignment
to complete this coming week ... all about changing the shutter speed on
my camera to freeze action, and to do some panning also. I'm re-joining a photography group at another U3A this month. I've already taken a few
fast-action photos with variable results, as you will see on my Flickr
site.

So I’m getting round to saying that I won’t be doing much blogging until
early February unfortunately, as I’m under a fair amount of time-pressure
to get all this done. Being one of the world’s best procrastinators, I do
tend to leave things until the last minute … such as the tax return.
However, I’ve found over the years, that I do perform better if I’m
feeling a bit stressed.

That concludes today's briefing. Talk to you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home