Monday, October 11, 2010

A walk in Derbyshire

Mrs C and I went a walk yesterday afternoon in the Ashbourne area of
Derbyshire. It was a lovely warm sunny day (about 24 deg.C). We walked
through woodland and open countryside, along a public footpath linking
two villages: Shirley and Osmaston.

Here's one of the photos I took (with my new camera) ... there are more
pics on my Flickr site ...

IMG_0093min

We had a fab lunch before we set off on the walk at a gastropub: The
Saracen's Head in Shirley.

Here's a link to an Ordnance Survey map (I found on searching Bing/Multimap),
for those of you who like a bit of map reading ...
http://tinyurl.com/2ddtl7k

3 Comments:

Anonymous edt said...

Excellent photos from your new 5D camera. Improved definition/sharpness in the leaf detail of the pic at your blog. Same goes for all the other pics at your flickr site. Better fine detail. Regards from an unseasonably cold spring day in New Zealand.

4:41 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks, EDT ... I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting, especially with the wide angle end of the varifocal lens.

10:19 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Another brilliant feature of this camera (Canon 5D Mark ii) is the inbuilt image stabilisation ... I'm taking most of my pics without using a tripod or monopod.
Previously, I was dubious about the need to have this with a camera, but the results are truly amazing.

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home