Saturday, September 18, 2010

The young ones

Mrs C and I watched the third and last episode of The Young Ones today, on
the BBC I Player. If you missed it and if you live in the UK, I invite you
to see this, while it's available in the next few days ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tv913/The_Young_Ones_Episode_3/

I was amazed to see how this group of oldies were rejuvenated by living
together as a group in a 1970s setting ... they really came alive, & became
generally fitter and more confident.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jackie Headon said...

I would be interested to look at variable such as social class to find out if this changes the results of the research. For example in relation to work. Many of the participants longed for their past working life, whereas many working class people due to lack of opportunities and finacial neccessity may have been trapped for years in jobs they hate and find retirement a blessed relief. Intersting research and the programme was great fun to watch

12:30 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Jackie ... I agree with a lot of what you say. However, I had a well paid and interesting but very stressful job as a family doctor, and I found early retirement a blessed relief. :)

9:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home