Sunday, September 05, 2010

Busy as usual

Mrs C and I have had a busy 2-3 weeks … 4 days looking after our grandchildren, while their mum and dad were getting ready to move house within Nottingham, a
visit to Leeds to see our daughter S, trips to the cinema and theatre (we went
to see “She Stoops To Conquer” last night at the Nottm Playhouse, and are going
to see “The Girl Who Played With Fire” today at the Broadway Cinema), watching
the third series of “The L Word” (an excellent steamy TV drama about a group of lesbian women in Los Angeles), and trips to Newstead Abbey and Patchings Arts
Centre in North Nottinghamshire, and Harrogate in N. Yorkshire.

I’ve been busy also with re-building this website for my local U3A … my previous version was too cluttered, whereas I’ve heavily edited this version and have
made it much simpler in style and content. I used Kompozer, Gimp & Inkscape
(free software) in creating all this … and I used Gimp to photo-edit the
photos in the following selection below (mainly for re-sizing them).

(you can see more photos on my Flickr site … there’s a link to this in the
side-bar).


A bit of autumn colour …

IMG_6255min

A lakeside view at Newstead Abbey (former home of Lord Byron) …

IMG_6237min

Our grandchildren … Little A …

IMG_6258min

.. and Little J (looking angelic)

IMG_6253min

PS ... I also used Open Office to create the PDF files you can see on the U3A
website, for example ... http://www.nottu3a.freeuk.com/0910learncirc1.pdf

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Very glad to have this glimpse into the world of Mr C, and to meet up with some old friends at the bar on the right. What'll you have?

3:36 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for dropping in, Christopher.
I'll have a nice cup of tea, please .... I'm teetotal at present.

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home