Friday, August 06, 2010

A hectic day with the grandchildren

We're had a hectic day with our grandchildren, Little A and her younger
brother J. Their mum drops them off early on Friday mornings at about
7.45am, prior to going into work in Ripley in Derbyshire (14 miles away).

The children are a delight to be with, but by about 10.30am, both Mrs C
and I are feeling tired and hungry, (wondering if it's time for lunch).
Mrs C usually bakes small cakes and bread with A, while I keep her brother
entertained. If the weather is OK, we get out to the local parks, or catch
a bus into the city centre with them, to keep them occupied and to get
some fresh air. We watch some children's TV with them ~ Numberjacks is very
popular with both of them, which we can watch on TV catch-up, on DVDs and
also on the computer ... BBC I-Player and YouTube as well. They also like
Teletubbies and In The Night Garden. Little A is coming up to her 4th
birthday, and is becoming very skilled using the computer mouse and the
touch-pad on the laptop ... she can play Numberjacks dominoes with both.

J can say a few words, and can point to things he wants, and can understand
a great deal of what we say to him. He's coming up to his 2nd birthday.
I've put numerous photos of both children up on my Flickr site, if you wish
to see what they look like.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read about your grandchilden, and indeed other peoples grandchildren, it makes me a little sad.
Why? Because my daughter, now 45, decided that she would never bring children into this awful world. My son died when he was 28 and he had never got around to marriage and having children.

I would have loved to have had grandchilren to spoil and watch them grow up. Now my partner has died I live alone and very rarely go out.

This is why I haven't been commenting on your site for a while. When you post about your close family I just don't know what to say anymore.

12:35 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Keith ~ thanks for commenting. I'm sorry to hear that your partner has died, how terrible for you ... and that you've missed out on the pleasure of having grandchildren & watching them grow up.
I hope you find the stories I tell about the kids amusing.

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home