Thursday, July 15, 2010

We're setting off to Bruges this morning

Yes, we're going by Eurostar to Brussels, and then catching another train to
Bruges. Bruges has been on our "to do" list for a long time. The other Bs
we'd like to do are Barcelona and Berlin, but we chose Bruges out of the
three cities for ease of getting there and back for a long weekend.

So we're off to Bruges for the sightseeing, the chocolates, and the beer ...
well, I'm still teetotal at the mo owing to ongoing dyspepsia, but I'll
have a sip of Mrs C's pint. She's fond of Belgian beer, but I'm not so fond
of it, as I think it's got an off-flavour.

I've found out from our guide book that people in the northern part of Begium
speak Dutch, much to my surprise. The southerners speak French, which stands
to reason, considering Belgium's location. So I'll be able to brush up my
almost fluent Dutch, over the next few days ... as if.

Anyway, I hope to be able to show you some lovely pics of the place early
next week.

Tot ziens!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

How very cool are you?! I saw a semi-hilarious, semi-disturbing movie last year called "In Bruges" with Colin Farrell, and the scenery looked spellbinding. I'm such a sucker for cobblestones and white beer...have a great time!

12:47 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kimber ... yes, a few people have recommended this film to me. I'll see if I can get hold of a DVD copy of it.

10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home