Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Back from our hols

Hi folks, we're back from our hols in Gran Canaria ... we set off just
over a week ago from a very snowy East Midlands Airport ... the flight
was delayed by 3 hours - the time it took to clear the runways of snow.
We had really fabulous weather in GC ... mid to late 20 deg Centigrade
every day apart from last Saturday which was cooler with late afternoon
drizzle. We hired a car (Renault Twingo) to motor around the island,
re-visited several places we saw on our last visit there (about 6 years
ago), and generally had a relaxing and enjoyable stay there. The outdoor
swimming pool was lovely and warm by late afternoon, so we swam a bit
as well.

(It's very rare that I swim outdoors ... as most pools especially in
the UK, are far too cold for me. I recall diving into an outdoor pool at
Roundhay Park in Leeds, when I was a young teenager, on a hot summer's
day. It was bl...y freezing - ice cold. I shot out of the pool as fast
as I jumped into it.)

I'll get round to putting some holiday pics onto Flickr later this week.
I've got some lovely sunsets to show you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

oooh, holidays. Can't wait to see some photos. Except...you don't do the Euro thing and wear a speedo do you??? EEEK!

12:18 am  
Blogger justin said...

A Speedo? Do you mean something that reveals all? I do wear trunks that are fairly tight-fitting ... and I wasn't stopped from entering the pool.

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home