Sunday, January 24, 2010

A senior moment

Yesterday I had a bad senior moment. In a lapse of concentration (and
while in a hurry), I sent an email to a friend who lives nearby, with
the wrong dates for next weekend in it. I recall that I’d flipped open
my diary and had jotted down the dates Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 May!!

Last night my pal called round to see me to see if I was OK. He said
that he was feeling confused after reading my email. Well, who was more
confused … him or myself?!

I’ve got too much on my mind at the moment, which I think was the cause
of my loss of concentration … loads of jobs to do round the house,
family matters requiring attention straightaway (things which I
prioritise), lots of admin to do in respect of sorting out our finances,
lots of things I’d like to get on with (such as getting on with some
family history work and improving my photography skills), and too much
admin and teaching to do with the U3A. I mentioned a bit about this in
my last post.


Anyway, this senior moment has been a wake-up call for me … I can’t
carry on doing so much …. I’ve got to let go of some of the work I’ve
taken on. So I’m planning to ditch about half the work I do for the U3A
… website work and several committees & groups.

On a lighter note, Mrs C and I went to see George Clooney’s latest film,
“Up In The Air”, which was showing this afternoon at the Broadway Cinema.
You can read more about it on the IMDb site, which has film clips on it
too. I can recommend it to you … a good mixture of funny and sad moments,
and thought-provoking also.

Another treat for us was seeing Little J, taking his first few steps,
while he was with us last Friday. He’s now 14 months’ old, and has been
standing up tentatively and very briefly in the past few weeks. He is
babbling more, and can almost say the word: “Granddad”, when he sees me.

Talking about babbling … he often says something like “bugger, bugger” a lot.
I blame the parents for this. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home