Saturday, December 19, 2009

A few photos for you to see

Here are a few photos for you …

First up, two photos of our lovely Slayer, sitting outside the patio
door in the freezing cold. I let her into our house shortly after I'd
taken the photos, through the patio door (which is not the usual way
she gets in). She's usually very camera-shy - I don't think she likes
the infra-red focussing light from the camera. (Perhaps the
double-glazing cut that down a bit?)

IMG_2983min

IMG_2984min

… and here are a couple of photos of our lovely granddaughter
Little A, who’d just arrived back from holiday in Suffolk (her
family’s car journey was 2 hours longer than it should have been
owing to all the snow to the south of Nottingham).

IMG_2989min

IMG_2990min

You can see a bit of tomato sauce on her face, highlighted by the
camera flash. I didn’t see it at the time. (Mrs C tells me that she's
got the remains of foundation make-up on her face, plus a bit of
lipstick!)


Now I’ve made the next photo not viewable to the general public on
my Flickr site, so I hope you’ll be able to see it on this blogsite.

Please let me know if you don’t see it here. If you can see the photo,
please would you click on it and let me know if you can view a larger
image (via the icon “All Sizes, just above the photo). I haven’t done
this before, so I’d be interested to know how well you can see this
(and a larger version of it).


snow6

(I've increased the photo size a little from 500px to 550px,
which is just within my Blogger column width of 570px.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous edt said...

I clicked on the photo...flickr's log on page came up...I logged on with MY flickr password and it says "This photo is private" cant get any further.Its a guess but I would say "all sizes" is only available to YOU when you are logged on to flickr. Will research further and get back to you by email. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from NZ.

9:47 pm  
Anonymous edt said...

You have email. The snow scene in the park at your blog looks ok at its current size. The text is perfectly readable below the pic.

10:00 pm  
Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

I noticed the thickness of Slayer's fur. Methinks we may be in for a bad winter. My old dog (a long since departed Collie /Alsation cross) used to grow a much thicker coat of fur (surprisingly quickly) ahead of a long hard winter than she did for a cold snap like we're experiencing now. It's almost as though they know more than we do!

It's good to see that you are experimenting with restrictions to public viewing of your Flickr site area. For a while now I've been wondering how I could tactfully raise the subject, certainly in terms of privacy and confidentiality, as there are so many photo's in there now it's verging on a possibly identifiable family history. Besides which (and I hope you won't take this the wrong way) unfortunately these days we have to be more careful about the content of photo's we make available to the general public.

12:06 am  
Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

BTW. The photo appeared on the page, but was not available to view on Flickr. I gather that this was what you intended?

12:11 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for all your comments, Edt and Kevin (I've emailed you, Edt).

Actually I should have tested out clicking on the snow picture myself, as just now, I couldn't see anything on Flickr, except the usual Flickr log-in form. So even I was blocked from seeing any more.

Nearly all my photos on Flickr are available to the general public, but I usually don't name anyone, for privacy reasons.

Flickr is all about sharing photos with everyone else, so if I didn't want that, I'd make most of them private... and I wouldn't be blogging either.

8:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home