Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

We've had another busy day (as busy as yesterday) with another set of
relatives arriving at lunchtime from London. Mrs C did more than her
fair share of cooking, producing an almost identical Xmas dinner / lunch,
(identical to yesterday's), which included home-made mince pies and an
apple pie (instead of the Xmas pudding). Mrs C made a lovely chocolate
cake yesterday, as well. We managed to find room to eat home-made bread
with a selection of cheeses / ham, at tea-time. I ate up some left-over
veg instead. All accompanied by some delicious red wine and Grolsch lager.

After lunch we all got together for a Xmas pressie exchange, following
which Big J and myself took Mini (my granddaughter) to a local children's
park to play on the swings and slides. I'll most likely post some more
photos of our grandchildren later this week.

One of my camera memory cards has suddenly stopped working (after several
years of use), which is a great shame as I took some snaps of our other
grandchildren when they came to our house yesterday - photos which are
now lost. I've been thinking today what a disaster that would be for a
professional photographer - to lose a set of wedding photos, etc..

6 Comments:

Anonymous edt said...

Somewhere I have free recovery software that i used to recover pics that had been "deleted" from a camera memory card. Will look it out for you.

5:11 am  
Anonymous edt said...

Dont know wether this will work but I have found it to be good for recovering delete files. There is a link to free software for recovery of corrupted files there too. Cant advise on that particular software, havent used it. Good Luck

http://www.softperfect.com/products/filerecovery/

5:20 am  
Blogger justin said...

Many thanks, Edt ... I'll give this a go in the next day or so, and will report back in this comment box.

10:41 pm  
Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

I have here the softperfect file recovery program. Given that I normally use Shift Delete (i.e. it don't go into the recycle bin) just occasionally I've permanently deleted one file in a group that I didn't intend to, and that utility has brought it back. Softperfect.com is a reputable company, in fact I use their Network Analyser quite often on a professional basis.

Unfortunately, it's also just as likely that memory card has just simply given up and will no longer hold its store due to malfunction and resultant parity errors. In the same way that any memory chip (PC memory included) will do eventually.

11:02 pm  
Blogger Betsy Brock said...

Hi Justin...I've enjoyed catching up on your last few posts here! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Tea time...now that's a tradition I wish would catch on over here! I doubt if it will, but I guess I could do it in my own home..haha...
Mrs. C sounds like a wonderful cook! :)

6:23 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kevin and Betsy ~ thanks for your comments. I donwloaded the softperfect file OK, but it didn't recover my missing photos on the memory card unfortunately. The memory card is caput.

Our extended family Xmas is carrying on this week, with more comings and goings. The fun continues. Two of our grandchildren are staying with us at the moment, and the other two are visiting us later in the week.
Yet more photo-opportunities. :)

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home