Tuesday, September 08, 2009

This morning ...

(12 bar blues, sung with a gritty black American male voice)


Woke up this moanin … (duh du--uh de duh)
At a quarter to six … (“)
To the sound of the cat … (“)
Throwin up her bics … (“)

Aaa--ah, no no no--oh!


… sorry about the crap lyrics.

After clearing up two lots of cat sick from the stair carpet (one of which
contained a fresh blade of grass), I rushed to take some photos of the early
morning sky, through our bathroom skylight. The sky was on fire … pinkish-red
clouds in the distance, partially covered by dark fluffy ones, scudding by
in the strong wind.

IMG_1828min

IMG_1824min

This reminded me of photos I’ve seen of the fires raging in Los Angeles …
a real hell-hole at present. (see the Flickr Blog for September 3rd).
These photos make me think how lucky we are to be living in a wetter and
cooler part of the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dumdad said...

Great photos!

4:07 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for saying that, Dumdad.

BTW, I haven't enhanced the photos in any way, so the colours are natural.

7:35 pm  
Blogger lettuce said...

Hi Justin.
These are lovely photos - I don't see any problem with the quality of your pictures, what are you not happy about with them?

I do use flickr, but for blogger I just upload pics. straight from my computer. I resize them for both flickr and blogger.

6:54 am  
Blogger Betsy Brock said...

Beautiful sky!

Sorry about the cat mess! ha-ha...we had cats for 18 years so I can totally relate! :)

9:04 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Lettuce ~ I'm happy with the quality of my pics, thanks to Flickr. I didn't get good quality pics using (Old) Blogger, to upload them.

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home