Tuesday, September 01, 2009

London to Brighton last weekend

We spent last weekend in London, visiting our family there. On Saturday,
we went to Brighton for the day. Here are a few photos from the weekend,
including two photos of our granddaughters, who I think are very
photogenic ....

IMG_1704min

IMG_1716min

IMG_1780min

(there are more photos on my Flickr site)

It was a very windy and cloudy day in Brighton, with slight drizzle
from time to time, but with occasional bursts of hot sunshine. There
was a nice beach-side café just by the children’s play area, where we
all had tea/coffee and later some lunch. After this Mrs C and I went
round the Royal Pavilion, which was exceptionally beautiful. I’ve
always thought that the interior of Chatsworth was stunning, but that
of the Pavilion is even more so. It’s like walking into Aladdin’s Cave.

Unfortunately, photography inside was banned and security was very
tight (so I couldn’t take a snapshot of anything), which is not
surprising when you see the amount of gold/gilt on display. Anyway,
I’ve found the official website, which will give you a glimpse of some
of the fabulous rooms.

BTW, all the above photos were uploaded via Flickr ... I'm very pleased
with the results.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

Would you believe that I was once in Brighton? Yep, spent a wild night there back in 1992 with my pal from Staines.

I remember walking the stony beach under a full moon, the smell of the pier and the wild dancing we did at a club until the wee hours. Oh, and the cat that dropped through the skylight onto my stomach at the flat where we were staying! Thanks for conjuring up some nice memories for me.

8:18 am  
Blogger Betsy Brock said...

I would definitely say that you have two beautiful granddaughters! Love those big dark eyes!

I didn't get to the beach this year and really missed it!

1:22 am  
Blogger justin said...

Kimber: I'm pleased to hear that you had a great time in Brighton all those years ago (apart from the cat incident). I too used to live it up a bit, when I was a student back in the late 60s / early 70s ... the good old days.

Betsy: thanks for your compliments about our granddaughters .... you can see that I'm bedazzled by them. As for beaches, I can understand some people longing to be on one. I like them in small doses, though ... mainly to walk along, rather than sitting around and getting sunburnt.

10:40 pm  
Anonymous sablonneuse said...

Hi there, this is just a quick visit to thank you for pooping in chez-moi. I'm off to Calais for the weekend in a few minutes so will come back to read your posts next week.
Yes, the grandchildren are definitely photogenic!

7:09 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Sandy ~ thanks for dropping in here. Hope you have a fab time in sunny(?) Calais.

9:19 pm  
Blogger andrea said...

They have the most amazing eyes!

12:12 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Anrea ... I agree with you about their eyes. Little D's eyes are slightly different ... slightly oriental, I think. Both girls are very eye-catching. :)

6:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home