Monday, August 17, 2009

Less expensive phone numbers

(This is for UK readers really)

So how do you feel about being charged more to phone your bank
and other businesses? Also, having to queue up for ages, waiting
for your phone call to be answered, (while the phone meter is
ticking), and listening to those annoying messages, eg “sorry
you’re being kept waiting, we are trying to connect you, your
call is important to us” … yes, especially when we’re paying
7-10p a minute for the call, and you, the business, are getting
a share of this money. What a rip-off.

So I invite you to check out the less expensive/free phone
numbers for your bank, etc, on here…

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

I have posted on this subject before, but I think it's worthwhile
keeping an eye on how we use our phones.


I put “Lloyds TSB” into the search box of this site, and got lots of
alternative phone numbers for a range of Lloyds TSB businesses.

Mrs C and I bank with another bank, but for years we’ve been using
an 0845 phone number to contact its Customer Services. By using the
saynoto0870 website a few minutes ago, I’ve found out a much cheaper
phone number to use. Brilliant. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

Yes, well, I tried that for the Student Support bods a couple of years ago in the midst of their mess at evaluating and issuing University Student Loans and Grants.

Unfortunately I was answered by someone who hadn't got a clue what I was talking about, was obviously a lower level 'paper mover', and referred me back to the original number I was trying to avoid using.

However, even though these days I do almost all of my business online, I have bookmarked that site again for future reference. Maybe I just had the one bad experience?

11:09 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kevin ... well, yes, Kevin. Some organisations have crap people working for them / temps / trainees, who know damn all ... or lazy sods who basically pass calls onto someone else.
My one bad experience was when I phoned the Inland Revenue, as if I were living abroad. The phone was answered immediately, but the IR person was very annoyed when he found out that I was living in the UK.
BTW, my new bank phone number worked very well.

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home