Thursday, July 30, 2009

What great weather we're having ...

Yes, really lovely .... usual British Summer weather: showers, cloud,
mini-tornado (up the Bristol Channel yesterday), hailstones (today),
continuous rain, light rain, and some warm/hot sunshine occasionally.
Just brilliant.

Did you know that the seaside has come to Nottingham? The city centre
square in the above photo now has sand, a paddling pool, a small fun-
fair, some cafes and some palm trees .... so you needn't head off
abroad now for the seaside, you can come to Nottingham instead.

I must get along to the centre soon to take a photo to show you.

Speaking of which, I've just posted about 40 photos onto my Flickr
site (click on the sunflower photo, if you wish to have a look).
They're mainly photos on my family, plus a few photos of places we
visited while on holiday in North Devon & Cornwall, plus photos of
a few birthday treats.

I'll be in Derbyshire tomorrow with a couple of mates, cycling along
the Tissington Trail, which takes you through some fab scenery.
I'll take my camera with me, if I remember to pack it.
The words: "Last of the Summer Wine" spring to my mind.

6 Comments:

Anonymous lom said...

I have walked across those stepping stones on the top of the link, I got almost to the otherside before I slip off one and ended up with a boot full of water! All good fun

2:53 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi LOM ... are you referring to the water feature in Nottingham's Slab Square, or the stepping stones at Bolton Abbey. I chickened out of walking across those ~ I get vertigo doing things like that (I'm scared of heights & I would have lost my concentration). :)

5:53 am  
Blogger Keith said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:56 am  
Blogger Keith said...

Sorry about the comment above, but I put it on the wrong post, then I put it here, but only a bit of it appeared, so I'll try again!
===================================

Be very careful about photographing children not your own. We have a similar "seaside" theme going on in our town.

Being the webmaster for Earl Shilton I went along yesterday to do some interviews and take some pictures for the website and local paper.

A lot of the children were wearing swimsuits etc. Not being a fully trained paedophile or child molester I didn't see anything wrong with taking pitures for the website. Local news, you see.

That is until I was approached by one of Gordon Browns Politically Correct Storm Troopers (we used to call them policemen!) who threatened me with internment at the local dungeons if I didn't desist and delete the pictures and erase my pocket recorder (interviews with the kids)!

It was then I noticed about three or four of the boys in blue standing around watching. What a sad world we live in now!

9:08 am  
Blogger Keith said...

...the webpage I look after is here.

9:13 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for the warning, Keith, I've seen a notice at our "seaside" banning photography, presumably for similar reasons. I'm thinking of an early morning photo, "just as the sun was rising", before everything opens.

10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home