Sunday, July 05, 2009

We're off on our holibobs

We're off to North Devon for a week's holiday today ~ staying
at a self-catering holiday complex with one of our daughters
and her family, which should be fun. Sunshine & showers are
forecast for the next few days, and then it will be dry but
cooler on Wednesday.

We're used to summer weather being as wet as this. It often
pours down during the Glastonbury Festival, so everyone ends up
tramping through a load of mud ~ that's not my cup of tea.

As it will be a computer-less holiday, I'll take a few books
and some old unread newspapers with me, not that I'll have
much time to read them with two little children with us.

It's Mrs C who's keener than I am to arrange these family hoiidays,
and having invited one of our girls, we then have to think about
inviting the other three to join us on other holidays. And then
we sometimes feel we need another holiday to recover from the
one we've just had. So next year, we're likely to be going on our
own, without the youngsters.

Now, where's my bucket and spade?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

You are an admirable dad, not to mention ganddad. I hope your daughters know how lucky they are to have a dad who wants to spend his hols with them! I've been on exactly one trip with my dad in my life - to australia for my sister;s wedding 10 yrs ago - so I think you are fabulous.

Have a ball...and look fwd to a romantic getaway with your missus too!

6:32 am  
Blogger Max said...

Don't forget the postcard.

7:07 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kimber and Max ~ thanks for dropping in, and for your comments

6:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home