Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Enjoying the hot weather?

We're in the middle of a heat wave here ... not so nice in the daytime,
but glorious warmth in the evenings. It reminds me of summer evenings in
the south of France or in Italy (though the light is not as fabulous).

One of my U3A chums is off to Verona next week to celebrate her 40th
wedding anniversary, which they spend watching Verdi's Aida ... how
lovely. I recall spending one fab summer's evening there watching the
opera with Mrs C and S, one of my daughters. It was S's 19th birthday ~
a truly memorable evening.

The other day, I heard a radio presenter poking fun at people who moan
about the dismal, cold and wet days we get here ... and then say it's far
too hot for them on hot days (like today). "You can't have it both ways,"
he said.

This reminds me of one of Mini's conversations she had with her mum
recently (Mini is one of my granddaughters, living in London). She was
getting frustrated with some small stickers that were losing their
stickiness (she has had daily temper tantrums about this). She asked
for her mum's help and then refused it (as little ones do).

L. said to her: "One minute you're asking for my help, and then next
minute, you don't want it ... you can't have it both ways!".

Mini replied: "Yes, I can!"

I've had a marathon session posting photos onto Flickr in the past couple
of days ... you'll see my efforts in the Flickr badge on the right hand
side. Hope you'll like some of them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous lom said...

If only we could live in a childs world!

5:58 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi LOM ~ yes, it could be great fun, and also could lead to better understanding between parent & child. You can sense the degreee of frustration that Mini was feeling on not being able to use her stickers, and not being able to sort out the problem herself.

5:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home