Wednesday, June 24, 2009

News Bullletin

As some of you might have guessed, I've been off-line for a while,
but thanks to an excellent service from Vigin Media, I'm now back
online. Hurrah! One of the problems turned out to be an ancient
modem, which was not working properly ... a brilliant engineer
came round this evening with a new one (and set it going within a
few minutes). Wonderful!.

I was starting to get severe withdrawal symptoms without my all-day
internet drip-feed.

So here is my news in brief...

We went to Leeds to see one of our daughters, on Sunday 14 June, and
went on to visit Bolton Abbey in Wharfedale, with B and her partner.
It was a gorgeous hot sunny day.

Last weekend we spent 4 days in London visiting another of our four
daughters, her fella and their two daughters. We had a good day out
at Wimbledon Fair and another brilliant day out visiting a National
Trust house and gardens ~ Polesden Lacey in Surrey. The road traffic
back on Sunday evening was very bad on the M25 nr London ... it took
us an extra hour to get past Heathrow and up to the first M1 Services
at Toddington.

I've been busy drafting a website tutorial on how to use Gimp ... I've
found it quite difficult to transfer my Photoshop skills over to Gimp,
but having done so, it's brilliant.

Here's something I created this morning using Gimp, having a bit of fun
with the "drop shadow" ...


click on this to see a larger image


I've got stacks of photos to post up on my Flickr site from the last
two weekends ... I hope to get round to doing so, fairly soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

You'd be amazed at the number of people who think Bolton Abbey is in Bolton Lancs!

On the Gimp. A bit good! Though that particular effect can also be done in Word Art within MS Word, albeit with far fewer options.

My latest 'toy' here is the Audacity sound software - an entire audio mixing console (including graphic monitoring), all digital, displayed on your computer screen. Shame the interfaces are analogue, but I've had a few ideas there..........!

10:15 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kevin ~ good to hear from you. I'm always interested to hear about new things that people are trying out. I would have thought that Audacity would be into digital interfaces (not that I know a lot about interfaces).

7:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home