Thursday, June 11, 2009

Messing about, as usual.

I've been busy in the past month or so, building a few prototype
websites, latterly with Kompozer and with a new service called
Weebly dot com. Amazingly, this one is advert-free, and yet is
free to use, so if you'd like to have go a building a simple
website for yourself, you could try out one with Weebly. My only
criticism of this site is that it takes twice as long to put a
website together, compared with Webs dot com.

I've also been having a look at Gimp (for photo-editing), and in
the past 24 hours, I've been checking out Inkscape, which is a
free graphic design program. There are some good videos on You-
Tube on how to use both of these. I'm thinking of making one or
two buttons for one of my websites, just for a bit of fun.

Here are a few sample videos for you ....

Firstly, a video all about a few Gimp basics.

Here's one on how to use Weebly dot com.

Here's a link to a YouTube video, on how to make a shiny red
button with Inkscape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home