Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Too busy

Yes, I've been very busy in the past week or so...

Just been putting together another website (for the U3A).

I've put two coats of white paint on our dining room ceiling
(very time-consuming as we've got a very ornate centre ceiling rose &
ornate coving too).

We've had Litte A and J for a whole day (and we're seeing them today also).

We had a trip to Lincolnshire 2 days ago ~ Woodhall Spa & Horncastle -
... lovely warm Spring sunshine. I haven't had time to sort through my pics.

We've bought a Teac mini-hifi for our dining room ~ superb sound for such
a small system. We'll need an external aerial to get DAB radio though.

I've had a bit of fun chasing after two second-hand iPods on eBay at
the weekend. I nearly "won" the first one, but someone else pipped me
at the post in the last few seconds (it sold for about £27). The second one
was up to £54 by early evening, 84 people were interested in it, and in
the closing minutes of the auction, the bidding went crazy ~ eventually
it sold for £80 (incl. P&P). Almost as exciting as watching the Grand
National.

Started watching the repeat showings of "The Wire". We're slowly getting
into it, and are struggling at times with the Baltimore lingo, but it's
brilliant ~ top quality acting & production.

Well, I'll stop twittering, as I've got a bit more website work to do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

Re: The "ornate centre ceiling rose". Yep, they're a bu**er to paint!

I was helping a friend to redecorate his lounge last summer and he had one of those things. Took longer to paint that thing than it did the rest of the ceiling (and coving)!

Thank goodness his was plaster, I'm told the polystyrene ones are even worse as they absorb the paint unevenly and sag and distort.

Have to admit though they do look very attractive as a ceiling centrepiece for a more formal room.

My friend? Well his excuse was that 'it seemed like a good idea at the time'!

10:25 pm  
Anonymous lom said...

I am still trying to watch the first 'wire' on DVD. It's hard going.

5:50 am  
Anonymous lom said...

Happy Easter to all

5:32 am  
Blogger justin said...

Kevin: yes, these are a pain to paint. Ours is plaster too. Half our wall space is now painted with Crown Gentle Yellow ~ I'm thinking about a darker shade for the other two walls.
LOM: we've just watched the 5th episode and almost gave up, until there were some exciting developments in the plot. We're still struggling to interpret the speech of the black Americans, at times.

10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home