Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mini’s conversations in the past few days.

With her mum (L):
L asked Mini if she’d like a drink of orange squash.
No reply from Mini (who was looking at some of her toys)
L: “So, is that a “no”?”
M: “Is that a “no” … or is that a “yes”?

With her Grandma, Mrs C, who was clearing away some old paper …
Mrs C to Mini: “I’m just putting this in the rubbish.”
Mini: “No Grandma! Put it in Recycle!”

Mini shouting out from inside the “Bob The Builder” toy ride
in Wimbledon’s Centre Court Shopping Centre (much to everyone’s
amusement): “No, you can’t!”

With me, playing with her toy farm animals, and attempting to
get them into the (plastic) barn. Mini was on sentry duty,
barring access into the barn.

Sheep (with me holding it and asking if it could enter the barn):
”Can I come in?”
“No, you can’t!”
I said: “Who’s that?”
“Me!”
“And who’s me?”
”I am!”

With her mum at bedtime, settling down to go to sleep, after a
story and a cuddle with mum this evening …

Mini said to her: “You’re my best friend.”
L: “And you’re my best friend too.”

Aa…ah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

Little cherubs often come out with the most obvious comments, yet we adults rarely think of them ourselves!

11:46 pm  
Blogger Kevin 'In Salford' said...

Classic in our family was when my parents and elder sister (who was about three yrs old at the time) met up on holiday with my grandparents and went on a daytrip on the Yorkshire Moors.

There were some horses in the next field, and one had trotted over to the fence. My Grandad said "Oh look, R.., there's a gee-gee", to which my future big sis replied "No, Grandad, that's not a gee-gee. That's a Horse!".

Grandad was put very firmly in his place! (And there also stood a very proud father!).

12:19 am  
Blogger justin said...

What a brilliant story, Kevin. Many thanks.

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home