Friday, March 06, 2009

Little visitors







Well as you can see, Mrs C and I have had some little visitors this
week: Litte A, Mini, and M (their second cousin)... lovely to see them,
and yet another opportunity to get my camera out (a Canon 350DSLR)
and to take some more photos of them. I've put more photos up on my
main Flickr site, if you wish to take a look.

BTW, everyone is running round the coffee table to the song sung by Alma
Cogan: In The Middle of the Track ~ everyone is playing at being trains
(except for me). We've got three CDs of the old radio programme: Children's
Favourites, and the Alma Cogan song and the Teddy Bears Picnic are the most
requested songs on them.

Mini's mum is having her second baby in a few weeks' time, and Mrs C
has been brushing up her hypnotherapy-for-birthing skills, as L wishes
to have the baby at home with the minimum amount of medical/nursing
help/interference. While I'm supportive in all this, I think if I were
a woman about to give birth I'd go for epidural anaesthesia every time
and have the baby in hospital where expert care is quickly at hand if
it's needed. How many of us would think of having a tooth pulled out
without an anaesthetic? Definitely not me.

If you're interested in finding out more about hypnotherapy for
birthing, you could have a look at Marie Mongan's website. She
is based in the U.S., by the way.

There is a defintie feeling of Spring in the air, despite the frosty
nights we're having at the moment. Our snowdrops have been out for over
two weeks now, the multi-coloured crocuses are in full bloom, and our
daffies have got large flower buds on them. It is wonderful to see
life regenerating outside, as well as see new babies arrive and to see
young children running around. I'm starting to feel re-vitalised myself.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to give epidurals for birthing mothers. Most were young aborigial woman and barely a word was exchanged between us at 3am. However, the changed expression on their face when the epidural took hold was Madonna like. And I don't mean "that" Madonna.

8:19 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi TJ ~ good to hear from you again. I can understand why women prefer to have the minimum of interference from professionals, to have a natural childbirth, but as I said earlier, I'd prefer a pain-free delivery if it were me giving birth.

7:54 am  
Blogger justin said...

TJ ~ I presume this is your new
website?
http://tjilpi.typepad.com/tjilpi/

8:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, the story of the Resurrection is correct!

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home