Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hola !

Mrs C and I got back from Lanzarote towards midnight on Thursday.
Since then, I’ve been busy catching up on all those little things
to do, like opening up a backlog of mail and email (and replying
to it all), some food shopping, popping round to see the neighbours
to thank them for looking after our cats (and catching up with
their news), and latterly I’ve been trawling through loads of
holiday snaps that both Mrs C and I took. I’ve whittled mine down
to about 185 photos … so that’s about another 85 to remove in due
course … I aim to keep only the best. (When I’m dead, who’s going
to look at them all anyway?!)



I’ll put up a few holiday photos for you in due course, but I thought
I’d show you one of them, which attempts to give various reasons why
a beer is better than a woman ~ as if.

I’ve brewed some of my own beer in the past, and I can give you some
first-hand information .... that I’ve never had a good conversation
with a pint of home-brew, and that I’ve never been able to have sex
with it.

As for reason number 6, that hangovers go away, well I can tell you
that women will go away as well. I can’t really think of any reason
why a bottle of beer could be superior to a woman, can you?

To re-dress the balance, I invite you to give me 10 reasons why a
glass of good white wine is better than the average bloke.

Perhaps, for starters, some of you might agree with the following:

A glass of white wine (and a book) … is good company while Someone Else
is watching footie on the TV.

Any comments please …

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

Justin, you made me giggle with this one.

I am craving all things acoholic lately - even dreamt about savouring a pint of my favourite lager last night! - but I still think my guy is better than the contents of any bottle.

Although a crisp glass of pinot grigio DOES NOT try to molest you when you drink it in the bathtub...

7:31 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Mmmm ... drinking a glass of chilled white wine in the bath. That sounds great, Kimber. I haven't tried that for a while, as I take showers in the mornings, nowadays... sometimes with a large mug of tea nearby in the bathroom.

12:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is what Australians do. But we end up going to bed dirty!

8:23 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi TJ ~ good to hear from you again. Welcome back to the blogosphere.

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home