Thursday, February 05, 2009

A bit more snow today

We had lots more lovely snow last night and this morning. Lovely
fresh snow, the sort of stuff which feels rather sensual to walk
on ... somewhere between firm and soft, but crunchy at the same
time.

The snow wasn't so nice later on, when half-melted and spattered
with grey muck thrown across by passing cars. Mrs C and I went to
our third beginners' German class this afternoon, but rather than
do our usual walk into town, we caught the bus at the end of our
road (there and back). As I'm now an old git, I qualify for free
bus travel (on most buses nationwide), which is a great thing to
have in many ways. However, I walk as much as poss to get some
exercise, unless the weather's bad.

Here are a couple of early morning photos, taken from inside our
house ...


3 Comments:

Blogger lulu said...

Just visiting your blog, what awesome photo's thanks I really enjoyed them

6:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos.

6:22 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for visiting, Lulu, and ta very much to both you and LOM for your kind comments. I take lots of snaps with my digital camera, and just keep the best. Ideally, I should improve my skills, so I needn't take so many photos. Having said that, I watched a sports photographer at work (on the TV), who took 1,500 photos in just one football game, just to get one perfect shot.

11:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home