Friday, January 09, 2009

Our daughters ...

E is our eldest ~ she is a harpist, a stage fight director and teacher,
and also is a part-time gardener.



L was the manager of a busy computer help-line desk for a large
company in London. She re-trained as a fashion designer, and is now
a full-time mum.



R is a full-time mum at the moment, but will return to part-time work
soon ~ she's an environmental health officer.



S is a classical guitarist (performer and teacher) and is currently
re-training to become a play therapist.




This is the first time I've tried adding my Flickr photos to Blogger
by substituting the html code, by the way.


Currently I'm filling in forms to claim Gift Aid for the small educational
charity I work for - I hate filling in HMRC forms, but it will generate
an extra £1000 income for us. Boring and very time-consuming work.
This is my fourth day doing it, and I've nearly finished, thank God.

4 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

what lovely, clever and creative girls you have!

stage-fight director sounds extremely cool - my daughter (14) would be well impressed

8:48 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks, Lettuce. I'm very lucky to have four lovely daughters, who are all quite different characters.
Some people say: "Well, don't you miss not having a boy?" ... I'm not bothered at all.

11:53 pm  
Blogger Kimber said...

How wonderful you have four daughters (and don't miss having a boy). My dad has three and I think I was his substitute son - I was the one who learned to skin rabbits and go river walking for bass and trout. You are blessed with lots of grandchildren too, by the looks of things. I bet your daughters are as proud of you as you are of them.

7:48 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Kimber: I was one of my parents' middle children, and was somewhat left to do my own thing ie ignored. Fortunately one of my sisters was close in age to me, and was a good play-mate (in the best sense of these words).
As for how my daughters feel about me, I don't really know ... Mrs C chats much more easily with them than I do, but then I think women have much more intimate relationships with other women, n'est-ce pas?

7:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home