Thursday, December 04, 2008

Pre-Christmas Bargains

Those of you who live in the UK, will have noticed that several of
our major stores are offering generous discounts on their wares,
to tempt us to buy lots of stuff before Xmas (instead of waiting
until the Boxing Day/January sales). I'm often disappointed by the
January sales, where some stores bring out old stock for the nth
time to try and get rid of it.

I know I keep on going on about Martin Lewis' website, but I think it
deserves yet another mention ...

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com

If you'd like to receive weekly emails from his website, you can
register for this brilliant service ... click on the link to the
relevant page in the blue box on the right hand side of the home
page.

In the middle of the home (opening) page, there is a link to the
current one-day sales …

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/one-day-high-st-sales

For example, La Senza is currently offering 40 per cent off its glamorous
underwear, in store and online.

“Just looking for something special for my partner to wear”
“Oh, yes, we’ve heard that one before” (thinks the shop assistant).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'glamorous underwear' I hope you get the size right.

5:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always buy my knickers from La Senza. So warm and comfy this time of year, ducky!

12:21 am  
Blogger justin said...

LOM: I just have to guess the size -- I'd get some strange looks if I asked to try them on there and then (in the women's fitting rooms).
GK: are you referring to thongs, or the Bridget Jones type?

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home