Sunday, October 19, 2008

Baby news and nerd news

Mrs C and I have had some great news ... a new grandson, Baby J, born
three weeks ago ~ both mum and babe are doing very well. Not only that
but another daughter of ours is now nearly 14 weeks pregnant (expecting
her second child in mid April). This little soul had been in the freezer
for the previous year or so, and was thawed out and implanted by the
brilliant Mr Taranissi (& his team).



(Little J has got my crinkly ears ~ how spooky / Spocky is that?)

I've been taking lots of photos of the little ones in the past few
months, as you'll see on my Flickr site. Little A has just celebrated
her second birthday, for which Mrs C made a delicious chocolate cake --
which got A. very excited ... she ran around shouting: "Chocolate cake!
Chocolate cake!" when we arrived with it, and again when she got up the
following morning (by which time there was none left).





Some of you will know that I do a bit of IT teaching for seniors for
the U3A in Nottingham ~ it's an educational charity, so the work is unpaid
and entirely voluntary ~ but I get a buzz from doing it and enjoy the
intellectual challenge of sorting out other folks' problems, as well as
meeting people.

I've spent the last 2 months revamping my photo-editing talks, creating
five Powerpoint presentations ~ I'm giving the third one this week.
I've also just completed a Ppt presentation all about researching your
family history using the internet (looking at over 40 websites), and I'm
over half-way through revamping a talk on how to organise, look at and
print your digital photos. I've also got roped in to helping out at a
computer class for beginners ... my colleagues who set it up have
realised how difficult it is to run this course, teaching people of
differing abilities and experience (some of whom have yet to buy a
computer ~ oh dear!).

My computer use when I was a GP was for typing out prescriptions for
this and that, and for typing up my own "research" work into asthma
& other areas of GP practice I was interested in. My daughters and
one of my good friends helped me get going with computing after I
retired ~ and all this fitted in very well with my developing interest
in digital photography, doing my family history, and building a few
websites.

I'm a nerd, basically.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Justin...regards from a sunny but chilly spring day in NZ.

4:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been a busy bee

5:01 am  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Congrats on the new grandson!

9:42 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi folks ~ good to hear from you all & thanks for having a peak at my site. Seeing all the gorgeous autumn colours on your site, Jo, makes me feel I need more colour on mine.

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home