Monday, July 28, 2008

My Pro Flickr account

I've recently acquired a Pro Flickr account, as I was running out
of space with my previous free version, and was having to constantly
prune the content to keep within the 200 photo allowance. The same was
about to happen with the Flickr account I set up for this blog, and
keeping two sites going with more or less the same photos in it was
becoming tedious to say the least.

So to cut a long story short, I've just put up my larger Pro account
onto this site. I've put on sets of photos I took for the Leicester
Symphony Orchestra's recent trip to Poland and Prague, and also photos
I took at a family wedding (I was invited to be the main photographer
for that -- which was a scary but enjoyable experience). I will prune
all these sets in due course, as there are far too many photos.

Rather than bore you with loads more holiday photos, I've put up my
best ones onto the Flickr site, if you wish to have a peek.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of Flickr pro...I enjoyed your recent holiday pics...dont forget your old free account with flickr...there must be a way to 'batch migrate' your old sets to the new account? regards from a very cold wet night in wintery NZ

5:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After some research in the flickr help forum it seems its not possible to transfer pics across accounts...you would have to upload them from scratch...o well it was a good thought anyway...best of luck

6:01 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for your comments, EDT.
I have thought about keeping going my old free account, so as to be more selective (and to keep my Pro site more private) ... but it would be time-consuming to do so ... and hey, life is short!

However, if my finances take a nose-dive, I'll revert to using the free accounts.

10:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I joined the firefox browser club today ...No choice as Internet explorer 6 wouldnt open your blog. ERROR operation aborted. Sigh. Am going to run FF for blog reading and IE6 for everything else.They CAN co-exist. Keep up the good work. Regards from a wintery saturday afternoon in NZ

6:23 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for getting in touch with me about this, edt. I'll reply to your more recent comment.

10:49 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

oh i SO want a pro account!!!

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home