Monday, June 02, 2008

Tour of Poland & the Czech Republic


Mrs C and I have just come back from a fabulous tour of Poland and
the Czech Republic, with the symphony orchestra based in Leicester.
We were based mainly in Wroclaw, Kudowa and then Prague, and we
went to two of the orchestra's concerts.

The concert programme included Sibelius Finlandia, Grieg Peer Gynt
Suite, Brahms Academic Festival Overture, and Elgar Enigma Variations
... all beautifully played by the LSO. Two of the best concerts I've been to,
and their audiences thought so too. I took the above photo at the end of
their second concert, in Jablonec (near Prague).

It was our first visit to this part of Europe. Prague has been on our wish
list of places to visit for years, and it was visually stunning ... on par with
Paris and Rome, I think.

I'll post some of the many photos I took of our tour, during the next few
weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you one of the musicians - part of the back up team or just enjoying the music ?
cheers
mog

8:46 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Mog - thanks for dropping by. Mrs C and I are LSO groupies ... our sister-in-law is the principal cellist, and so we get invited to all the concerts (and a meal too, at her house beforehand).

12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home