Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sweet pea



I remember well the gorgeous, heavy fragrance of these sweet peas
in my childhood and teens ... their wonderful smell, which is somewhere
between lily-of-the-valley and honeysuckle.

Well, we've got some flowering in our back garden at the moment. Mrs C
spotted some young sweet pea plants at Bingham Market about 6 weeks ago,
bought them and then planted them out alongside our Summer Jasmine.
We've got the above flowers on our kitchen window-ledge at the moment,
and their heavenly scent makes doing the washing-up even more
pleasurable.

I've added two more photography sites onto my side-bar as you'll see.
I invite you to have a look at both Erin's and Mmechinita's sites and
the wonderful photographs that they've taken. On Erin's blog, there's
a link to her website, the slide-show part of which takes a minute or
two to start up ... well worth the wait, I think.

Erin watermarks her photos as you'll see, so I'll start doing the same,
as a mild deterrent to stop people pinching my pics for their sites.
However, anyone with photo-editing software could remove watermarks
fairly easily ...ideally you need to use an embedded digital
watermarking system, used by the large photo-stockists. I've used
Garamond Lucida Bright Italic as the font, by the way.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erin Faye said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and mentioning my blog on your site!!

Not sure what internet browser you are using, but on my site there are galleries as well (to nav bar) that have prints for sale, portfolio images and projects. The nav bar does not seem to be showing up in some Internet Explorer browsers. I am not very good with code so not sure what the problem is.

Anyhow, I use Lucia Bright for my water marks. And I am not sure what font the titles are on the blog, it is whatever the template had.

Sorry to ramble on.....

1:32 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for dropping in, Erin, and for your helpful comments. Yes, I can access other parts of your website with my browser -- I will edit what I've written.

12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea to watermark/copyright stamp your photos, but maybe in my humble opinion it could be a bit smaller, less obtrusive...Check out the idea here http://www.flickr.com/photos/deegs/2406658690/in/set-72157594577091474/ Regards from a wet grey winters afternoon in NZ.

4:29 am  
Blogger Jayne said...

Thank you also Justin, for stopping by my humble drivel :-)
I remember - many, many moons ago - my grandie growing sweetpeas in his allotment, in a typically small village in Kent (where I was hatched & dragged up). They've always been a favourite of mine, I think primarily because of their simplicity, abundance & beautiful fragrance. A few years back, I got hold of some seeds & planted some in my front garden in Malawi. The conditions were awful, but I was truly thrilled when 10 out of 12 seeds finally sprouted & then flowered.
*sigh* I miss having a garden :-(

6:49 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hello EDT and Jayne: very pleased to hear from you.
Thanks for your comment as regards using a less obtrusive label ... have done so with my post (8 July).
Just a mild deterrent to plagiarism ... anyone with Photoshop would be able to do so .. a larger stamp would take him/her longer to get rid of it.
Jayne: I wonder how you can put up with the high temperatures out there, as well as having no garden?

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home