Monday, March 17, 2008

Luxury bog roll

I've just been reading an interesting article in last Saturday's
Times by Sathnam Sanghera, about how certain words have become
devalued by overuse / mis-use in advertising stuff for sale.

Take a walk down a supermarket isle stacked high with bog roll.

Now would you chose some luxury toilet paper, deluxe toilet paper
or recycled toilet roll (which can feel like using sandpaper)?

How about Value bog roll, where you might need to use several sheets
at one go, or quilted paper drenched in aloe vera for exquisite
comfort ... and what about using baby wipes, which I've read our
soldiers in Irag use for their rear ends .... essential for their
grim working conditions.

Let's come back to the use of words such as luxury & designer ... labels
that give a certain mystique and a touch of class to a product, but
which are being used to market cheapo stuff.

A luxury bog roll doesn't sound quite the same as a luxury yatch, does
it? And yet I go for the luxury bog roll every time ... in packs of
twelve.

Well, I do like to pamper myself .... because I'm worth it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personal I buy what ever is on offer that week


LOM

7:30 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi LOM ... but are you bothered about how luxurious the stuff feels on your skin? :)

10:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

only when I've had a tummy upset:)

6:42 am  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

teehee, thats one area i don't skimp on ever!

7:08 pm  
Blogger justin said...

I agree with you there, Angel ... my bottom deserves a lot of TLC too. :)

10:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home