Monday, March 10, 2008

In the early mornin' sun

I'm starting to feel like my usual self today ... I'm coughing less,
I'm feeling more like eating something, and my tea and coffee is
tasting better ... isn't strange how tasteless and horrible drinks
like this can feel, and even more off-putting as will drinking hot
drinks, you start hacking up more gunge off your chest.

I'ts a good job I gave up smoking not long after I started, as a student,
as I would hate to be coughing my guts up each morning to clear the
catarrh / tar residues. And giving up wasn't easy, as I was almost
addicted to the stuff. What convinced me to do so was falling ill with
pneumonia & pleurisy while I was a student on a Children's Ward in
Leeds ... I should have been in a hospital bed myself, but I got over
it without any antibiotics. It was the writing on the wall.

On a more cheerful note, I thought I'd post a few of my holiday snaps,
taken at dawn .... it was lovely to get outside at that time of day
for walks, while it was cool, fresh and sunny. Funny to see several
joggers running around along the beach and side streets at that time,
but then I wouldn't like to be running in the middle of the day when
it's much hotter.





2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

beutiful!
so glad you're feeling better!

7:10 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks very much for your kind thoughts, Angel.

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home