Saturday, December 01, 2007

I'm having a break this weekend

... from two busy days looking after Little Ava, who's
been recovering from a mild diarrhoea bug. She was not
well enough to go to her childminder's, so I volunteered
to look after while her mum went to work (she job-shares
with a colleague for 2-3 days a week ... hubby working
abroad this past week).
Fortunately, I didn't have any pookie nappies to change
yesterday, and Little A's appetite had returned - so she
was back a normal diet for her - Birds Eye fish fingers,
& steamed potato, carrot, lots of brocolli & courgettes,
plus natural yoghurt & some of Mrs C's gingerbread for
lunch - yes, she ate a good helping of all that.
Sounds like she's become a Very Hungry Caterpillar, a
story she enjoys looking at.
I felt knackered by 10.30pm, after my second day looking
after her, and went to bed much earlier than usual. How
do older parents manage with young ones ... where do they
get the stamina from? I don't think I'd wish to be dad
again at my age, if we had the choice.
Here are a few photos I took of her and her cousin a week
or so ago ...




2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

oh you are such a cool grandad to look after her like that justin!
thats awesome!
and they are both so KYOOT!!! i can't believe how time has flown...

5:01 am  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for your compliment, Angel. Yes, time has flown.

10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home