Monday, December 17, 2007

8 days to Xmas

Only 8 days left until Xmas!

How do you feel about that? Are you getting excited or
are you feeling horrified about the amount of shopping
you've got to do, getting food and pressies in, and
meal planning for the Xmas period ... or getting off in
the post yet another Xmas card to someone who's just
sent you one?

Or if you're a Christian, you may be feeling excited
about taking part in the annual remembrance / celebration
of JC's birth?

One of our family traditions when I was a kid, was to
listen to the annual carol service from King's College,
Cambridge ... and in later life to watch it all on TV.
Though I'm not a believer, I do feel there's something
magical and really beautiful in the candlelit service ...
a bit like listening to/watching a well enacted fairy tale/
Hollywood film... something that has a wow factor for me.
Watching it does send me straight back in time to my
childhood Xmasses, and re-creates all the magic and
excitement I felt at the time.... Xmas trees, Xmas pies &
cake, opening pressies & a Xmas stocking in the middle of
the night (feeling sick of eating sweets by breakfast time!),
and occasionally going to see a panto or film at Xmas.

So how's is it all going for you?

2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

honestly... my last coupla christmases haven't been spectacular, though i've spent it with family which is always good.
i hope its good for you and yours!

7:18 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks, Angel ... hope you have a better Xmas this year.

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home