Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back from London this evening

Mrs C and I have just got back from a long weekend in
London, staying with our daughter there and her fella
(and Little India). India was delightful as usual,
though she wasn't at her best, as she was below par
with a slight headcold.

The weather was fairly mild for the time of year, but
was colder and sunnier today.

It's roughly a 3 and a half hour drive each way, and
the traffic was heavy for the first part of the journey
-- driving round the M25 past Heathrow Airport and up
through the M1 roadworks, which extend as far as the
Luton turn-off ... not very pleasant driving in the
dark on the motorway .. I get a lot of dazzle from other
car headlights (made worse by my astigmatism, I gather),
so both of us felt relieved to get back to the quietness
and comforts of our own home in Nottm, and to see our
two puddy tats again.

Home Sweet Home!

2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaw... were your furbabies glad to see you!!?!
isn't it crazy how driving past an airport is always hectic!?!

5:45 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Yes, they certainly were, Angel.
As I'm the first person to get up in the morning, our furbabies often lie in wait for me outside the bedroom door ... basically a hint to me that they want their breakfast, before I do anything else. They are both very affectionate, and often join us on the settee in the evenings for a stroke, while we're watching the TV.

7:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home