Sunday, July 08, 2007

Children

I've been busy in the past few days putting together a Powerpoint
presentation on how to search for stuff on the internet (for a talk
I'm giving in about 3 weeks' time to the Nottm U3A). I've also
started building a simple website for two of my daughters (plus a
couple of their friends) who are professional musicians.

My eldest daughter, Liath, learned to play the oboe and piano as a
youngster, and then went off to art college to learn about theatre
design and subsequently stage fight directing -- which she currently
teaches. In recent years she took up playing the traditional harp,
which she plays at weddings and the like. (Liath is her stage name
by the way).

Our youngest daughter Sophie started to play classical guitar when
she was 8. She did a music degree (BMus) at Leeds University (and
studied classical guitar in Holland also). She now teaches guitar
part-time and plays at weddings and at other functions too. She also
does some part-time admin work at Leeds University, to help pay the
rent.

It's our middle two daughters who've now got daughters of their own,
in case you're wondering.

Thinking about very young children, I do love hearing about the funny
comments they make about the grown-ups.

Not long ago I told you about a 4-5 year old boy called A. who shouted
out to his grandma (when she was bending down to clear away some toys):
"Grandma's got a big bum!" His 3 year old sister took her dummy out her
mouth and said; "Grandma's got a big bum," and then put the dummy back
in again.

Anyway, we heard another funny story about this lad, who is very
observant...
A.: "Grandma ... your hair is different from mine."
Grandma: "Oh really, A.. Why is my hair different?"
A.: "I comb mine, Grandma."

3 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

kids really are funny... how's the website design going?

9:09 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

how amazing are your children!?!?! congratulations!

9:11 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Angel...yes, kids are wonderful, though trying at times. I'm very lucky in that I've had a wonderful wife, who devoted a good part of her life to bringing up our 4 daughters ... I did a bit, but then I had a full-time job as a GP... and now in retirement I can "reap the rewards" and spend more time with them all.
As regards the website, I have yet to sort out the content with my two musician daughters -- it could be 2-3 months before it's completed.

6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home