Wednesday, May 16, 2007

EMF

Recently I read an article in The Guardian about how some people
cannot tolerate being near certain electro-magnetic frequencies.
One woman in particular was reported as staying most of the time
in her house, to avoid being near mobile phones and the like, as
she felt tired and ill working in modern electronic offices.

I thought little of this until I felt a burning sensation in
both of my lower legs in the last week or two, with prolonged
sitting next to my wi-fi unit. I used to spend many hours
sitting with it on, even if I wasn’t using the internet.

I've had a look on the internet about the strength of
radio-wave frequencies - the power of the output from a wi-fi
unit does seem to be very low, compared with the output of a
microwave oven, (which is said to be up to 2000 times greater).
But isn't it true to say that microwave ovens are built to shield
users from the radiation they produce? I've read that it may be
a good idea to increase your distance from a wi-fi unit, if you
are concerned. If you double the distance, you'll lessen the
power of a radio frequency by one quarter.

2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

very weird- how've your legs been?

10:02 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for asking, Angel. Loads better if I use Mrs C's laptop a long way away from the wi-fi unit and my old computer tower. I'm not totally convinced the problem is due to the wi-fi unit, but the discomfort in my shins is worse when it's switched on.

4:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home