Wednesday, May 30, 2007

cola drinks and old tea bags

I was intrigued by some celebrity gossip in last weekend's press -
a celeb whose name I forget, recommended using a cola drink as a
toilet cleaner. Well, what d'you know!

I've long known that leaving an old copper coin overnight in a bowl
of cola brings it back to its former shiny state, so I've often
wondered what a drink of cola might do to the insides of my gut.
Drinking some cola which has been allowed to go flat, can help
people with diarrhoea, so apart from its water and sugar content,
some other ingredient may be killing off the bacteria/virus.

Thinking of the old saying, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness",
perhaps Inner Cleanliness is too?

Coming back to cola's efficacy in removing toilet stains, I thought
I'd Google this and see what would come up ...here's one of the many
articles on the subject.... an amazing number of uses for the stuff,
though the author of this particular article refutes some of the
claims of what cola might do.

I also wonder if anyone has done some research into how powerful
different brands of cola drink are, for a general purpose cleaner.
Would a cheapo brand clean a toilet as effectively as one of the
market leaders? If so, I'll stop buying bottles of bleach to pour
into the loo, and buy some "value" cola instead.

Oh, I've just found a similar use for used tea bags on Martin
Lewis' site. I wonder how they work, as old tea leaves/bags
tend to stain my sink a brown colour.

2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

i do love snopes... i check everything there and i've taken to sending a snopes reference to the people who keep emailing me these "amazingly unknown facts" type of emails! lol...

4:16 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Angel. This was the first time I've used Snopes -- I found it on a Google search & it looks good, as you say.

10:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home