Wednesday, April 18, 2007

spring cleaning

It's official. Spring has arrived early.

There was an item on Radio 4 this morning about the fact
that you can now see hawthorn trees out in flower, when
their usual flowering time is mid-May. Also the swifts
are back in the UK from their winter travels in Africa,
which is exceedingly early -- all signs of climate change,
or just a one-off? It remains to be seen if we are in for
a more temperate Riviera-style climate in years to come.

You'll see that I've been sprucing up this blog with a
few changes in my sidebar. I've tidied up the archives
section, which was long overdue... and have deleted
"Recent Posts", which stopped working when I was obliged
to sign up for New Blogger. I spent some time comparing
my HTML code for "Recent Posts" with that of other
people's blogs, and gave up -- I couldn't be arsed
sorting it all out, so I've lobbed it. Good riddance,
I say.

One problem with the new style Archives, is that using
the mouse wheel afterwards can have some bizarre results
-- you can end up scrolling through previous webpages --
that is if you don't click on the webpage straightaway
after looking at the Archives, to stabilise the webpage.
Which makes sense when you think about it.

That's enough nerds-stuff for one day, I think. It's time
to get a life, as one of my daughters keeps telling me...
"Da-a-a-d. Get a life!"

1 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

so, um... this isn't a life? mwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, and i definitely think its climate change and not a once off.

6:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home