Sunday, February 18, 2007

Kylie

There must be a lot of Kylie Minogue fans out there, including
Quarsan (see his entry on Zoe’s site for last Monday, 12 February
– sensational). Anyway, those of you who are will be thrilled to
know that there’s a new exhibition all about the clothes she’s
worn over the years at the V&A in London. The clothes include
those dreadful denim overalls she wore as Charlene in Neighbours
(does anyone remember her in Neighbours all those years ago?),
plus the gorgeous gold hotpants she wore in the “Spinning Around”
video. Well she looked gorgeous in them.

Here’s the website link to the exhibition for those of you who are

keen to see them. I was surprised to see that admission to the
exhibition is free. I’m hoping to go to an exhibition of Renoir
landscapes at the National Gallery that’s starting next week –
to see the fabulous light in his paintings – he’s one of my all-time
favourite artists. It’s unfortunate that there’s an admission charge
of £12 pp, but that no doubt this will be paying for the huge
insurance and travel costs for the paintings.


I bought some Kylie pants for my late mother some years ago.
Here’s a link to one of the websites that sells them, for all you
fashion-conscious people. I’ve still got one unused pair – well,
they might come in handy one day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The diminutive diva's voice doesn't get me, but some of the pics of that pair of paints and their contents are well to say the least...ummm errrr sexciting ;)...on an entirely different note, did blogger forget you archived months Oct 06 through Jan 07 in the conversion? I hope not :(

3:04 am  
Blogger justin said...

Many thanks, EDT, for spotting that gap in my archives. I think they must have disappeared in the change-over to New Blogger, though I did change the content of my side-bar in the past week or so.
Fortunately, I've been able to restore the archives by writing in the appropriate HTML code. Phew!

Flickr has changed the way I can access my photo-gallery with them -- I didn't have a Yahoo identity for this gallery when I created it. So now I can't add any more photos to this photo-gallery. Boo-hoo!
In due course, I'll create another one to go on this Blogger site.

I agree with you, edt, about Kylie's voice, but otherwise she is sensational.

12:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting...My Yahoo ID is a variant of edt and its associated with and allows me to log on to my flickr account, the name of which is completely unlike my yahoo ID.Strange you can't do the horse after the cart?.

Have you had a really good dig in their FAQ?

This might be helpful, which lead here, would the oldskool sign-on work for you perhaps? Good Luck.

4:00 am  
Blogger justin said...

Signing on as an old schoolboy worked. Many thanks, edt. You're brilliant.

6:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home