Thursday, February 01, 2007

Baby photos

Well, as I said in my last post, Baby India was born last
Thursday. Her parents had a long wait that day, as 8
emergency CSes were done ahead of L's. Mum & Dad were
full of praise for the care they received at Nottingham
University Hospital, as they are for the skill of Mr
Mohamed Taranissi in his London IVF clinic (and the care
they received from him and his colleagues). I was about
to say that Mr Taranissi created India, but there was
probably some divine providence in all this and the fact
that the pregnancy went to almost full term.

Both mum and baby are doing amazingly well -- they came
out of hospital on Saturday, the staples were taken out on
day 5, after which L. and I went out for a walk round the
block with India in the pushchair. In the early years of my
medical practice, women would be kept in hospital for up to
10 days after a CS, and women who'd had normal confinements
were strongly advised not to go out for walks before 10 days
afterwards. It's interesting how "good" medical/nursing
practices have changed over the years. One reason is the
faster turnover of patients through the hospital system --
if you're looking well after surgery, and the home
circumstances are OK, you're kicked out very quickly. Just
as well, I think, as hospital food can be unappetising, and
the general atmosphere can feel like being in a prison (with
the daily hospital routines & not getting out for fresh air).

I've selected a few of my photos to show you ... India aged
24 hours (in hospital), India again with her mum and dad,
our first granddaughter, Ava, who is coming up to 4 months
of age. Her parents have nicknamed her as "Shib-Shab", which
is short for Shish Kebab -- I don't know why she's called
that, though it does sound funny. The last photo is of
Little Milo (our great-nephew), who will be 1 in May. He's
almost at the walking stage, as you can see.



2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

aaaw justin- she's just gorgeous! congratulations and cyber cigars all round!

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Surrogacy said...

Great Post.....

I found your site on stumbleupon and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. I just added your RSS feed to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down the road!

Thanks for sharing....

4:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home