Tuesday, January 16, 2007

a day at the zoo in AKL

In the past few days, I've spent many hours sorting through
all my NZ photos, picking out the best ones, and photoshopping
them. I took lots of photos of old photos of our NZ ancestors
& present day relatives, and I've been sprucing some of them
up (removing various blemishes on the photos).

Our daughter L. has an antenatal clinic apppointment today at
the University Hospital. She's now 37 weeks and her tummy is
looking very large (the baby's in transverse lie). She'll be
getting her date for the C.S. today, which should be early next
week. All very exciting.

I promised you some photos of some zoo animals, so here are a
few of the better ones I took. If you're visiting Auckland, the
zoo is a great place to visit, especially for childen (and for
big kids like me). You'll see from the first photo that it was a
hot sunny day, though later it became cloudy and cooler. It was
feeding time for most of the animals, so we got a good view of
most of them. There was a huge pane of glass between us and the
tiger, which looked as though it had just had lunch.




6 Comments:

Blogger justin said...

I'm not sure why that bit of HTML code is showing above the first photo -- I've had a look at the code three times and it looks OK to me ... but then I'm not an expert in these matters.

8:05 am  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

gorgeous! how did you get the animals to pose for you like that!?!

8:20 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks again, Angel. I just happened to be there at the right time. I took loads of photos at the zoo, most of them were crap, so I'm showing you the best ones. I don't have a zoom/telephoto lens on this camera ... I had one with my dad's old Konica camera, and took some great shots of the kids when they were little ... eg playing on the beach on holiday ... but these extra lenses weigh a ton, and are not suitable for holiday travel, I think, unless you're a serious enthusiast/a professional/a nutter.

10:50 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

heh heh- call me a nutter then... at least until i got my digital! i would go everywhere fully armed with my precious 20 year & 400 wedding old canon a1, my camera bag, replete with three different lenses and monopod! it weighed a ton!

5:40 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Yes, that reminds me of when I used kit like yours, Angel -- Mrs C and the girls used to moan/laugh about the time it took me just to set up the camea for one shot -- now they just wander off, rather than stand around waiting for me

8:02 am  
Blogger justin said...

I've had to delete my giraffe photo, as it didn't upload properly, interfering with the layout of my sidebar (thanks to Bodger).

12:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home