Thursday, November 16, 2006

what are your basic beliefs?

I felt inspired to write this short piece in Q&A format,
after reading Gordon’s blog of 11 November ...

1. Do you believe there is an after-life?
No I don’t really. It would be interesting if there was,
but I’m not counting on it.

2. And if there is no after-life, what then … ?
....I’ll make the most of this one, and have some
fun in doing so. Life’s too short to sit around
doing nothing, and being miserable.

3. Does life have any purpose/point to it?
I don’t think so, except to procreate.
I remember a comedy film called “The Jerk” with Steve Martin in
it – he joins a circus, with a burning desire to find out what
his “special purpose” in life is ... he eventually finds out
what his special purpose is ... very funny.

4. Do you believe every cloud has a silver lining?
I think with time I’ve become more positive about things, though
my immediate family members might ask for some evidence of that. :)
Basically, I’m a cautious optimist. If someone were to ask if I
think a half glass of wine is half full or half empty, I’m likely
to reply, “Both!”.

Here are some clouds with silver linings for you ….

2 Comments:

Blogger AngelConradie said...

very thought provoking... mind if i use it?

5:24 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for asking, Angel -- please do. I get a lot of inspiration from other folks' work and photos.

7:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home