Friday, November 03, 2006

I've been tagged!

Well, I’ve been tagged by Katt, who wants to know a bit more
about me and my family. So I wonder what you, Dear Reader,
would like to know?

A bit about my brother and sisters?

My brother is 7 years older than I am, and so grew up well
ahead of me and had his own circle of friends, with whom he
spent more time than with me. He is a retired consultant
physician, living in Yorkshire, and is now spending a lot of
time with his family and with his model railway.

I have two younger sisters, one of whom is about 2 years
younger than me, and who is now in the top brass at the
European Court of Law in Strasbourg. We played a lot together
as kids, but see less of each other now. My other sister lives
in Nottingham, but I don’t see much of her owing to a major
rift in family relationships about 10 years ago. Fortunately,
things are now improving between us.

My parents died some years ago – my dad in ’92 and my mum in
’03. I went through long periods of sadness, but now look back
on them with happier thoughts and feelings – mainly about the
good times we had together, and the funny things that happened.

The happiest time in my life?

Well, the happiest time was when I fell in love with my
gorgeous wife-to-be, and her with me.

My four lovely daughters?

Their ages now span from 25 up to 32. The oldest trained as
a stage fight director and now teaches stage fighting. She’s
also very musical and plays the piano and traditional harp –
the latter professionally. Number two works on a computer
help-line desk, and has business and fashion design degrees.
She's expecting a baby in February. Number three has just
had her baby (Ava) and is taking time off her job as an
environmental health officer. Number four plays and teaches
classical guitar, and while she’s building up her private
work, she’s also doing admin work also

I see a lot of our girls, and feel close to them.

I’ll stop there, as I’ll reveal more about myself as time
goes by.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being a sport, Justin and taking part!

You have a very impressive family - playing the harp is not easy. I just wish I was close enough to make use of your one daugther's classical guitar teaching skills.

5:30 am  
Blogger justin said...

Hi Katt -- yes, I think playing the harp looks very difficult -- very different from playing the piano, where all the notes are there right in front of you to see.

1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home