Friday, October 06, 2006

I'm a granddad! Yippee!

I'm very pleased to say that I'm now a granddad. Little Ava
was born by CS a couple of days ago. Her weight was
5lbs 14oz / 2.66kg, so she's quite small as you'll see in
the photo below. Some people say she looks like me (poor
kid!). Let's hope she gets some more hair then.

Ava and her mum are both very well...hopefully they'll be
out of hospital on Sunday.

I've been busy doing lots of preparation for my third talk
to the Nottm U3A, which I gave yesterday. This was all about
Publisher (how to make CD covers, newsletters and the like),
and revision of some Photoshop topics.

I made the mistake of packing too much stuff in, in too
short a time - information overload for me and my audience,
I think. I'll do less next time (I'm doing another 4 sessions
after Xmas, and already have another 12 people signed up for
it).

7 Comments:

Blogger Marissa Chin said...

just passing through...

congratulations!
she's gorgeous!

11:39 am  
Blogger andrea said...

She's gorgeous! Good things come in small packages. Congratulations, Granddad! Another girl to add to your harem. I bet I only end up with grandsons one day. I'm resigned to being the only feamle...and liking it.

3:10 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

oh justin! she's beautiful!
HUGE congratulations!

9:18 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

so have you made peace with being "grandad"?

9:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best Justin - great news!

11:01 pm  
Blogger Identikit said...

Congratulations. But boyo, she does look like you!!!

I love tiny babies, so perfect, so beautiful. I feel quite broody now!!

4:02 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks for all your kind words, everyone.
Becoming a grandparent makes me think about my own dad and mum, when our girls were born ... and how quickly time has flown by since then.
I've had 8 months to get used to becoming one, and currently I'm feeling very happy and excited.

11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home