Sunday, October 15, 2006

As bald as a coot

You’ll never guess what someone said to me the other day ..
well you might from the title of this story.

I was standing near the top of Huntingdon Street in
Nottingham, waiting for a few cars to go by before crossing
the road. One of the cars was a new, light blue Peugeot 206,
and inside were two well-built young men .. in their early
twenties I thought. They had stylish short haircuts and
they were wearing designer T-shirts.

Do you know the type of young men I’m referring to? Down
south, people would call them Essex lads. Up here in the
Midlands ... now what would we call them?

Anyway, as they were passing by, one of them leaned out the
window, with a huge grin on his face, and shouted, "I’m sorry
to tell you this …. but your FRINGE now starts at the back
of your head!" They drove off laughing.

For a few moments I was stunned by what he said, but then I
thought ... "Hey, that’s really funny!"

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man blessed with the wonderful ability to have a laugh at himself.

You know that God created a few perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair.

8:24 am  
Blogger Tjilpi said...

Testosterone overload and a loaded .303 is what I would have answered them with...

12:11 pm  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Rude git!! :-)

10:32 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Well thanks, Katt, I knew I was perfect (as if).
Tj: by "testosterone", do you think I should have yelled something like, "You f...ing bastards!" back at them?
RN: Yes, "rude gits" is a perfect choice of words for them.

11:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I really miss about not having hair any more is the fraction of a second warning it gave one when walking under a low tree branch. Now I just bang me head. I'm sure this is why cats have whiskers, to measure where they can and cant go ;)

11:24 pm  
Blogger justin said...

That's very true, edt. I've banged the top of my head four times in the last day or two, just putting lots of stuff back up in our loft space -- we've just had it boarded over and had an aluminium ladder put in (plus lighting), which has transformed it.

6:54 am  
Blogger steve said...

don't worry Justin it will come to them as sure as the leaves fall off trees what will they look like in 20 years or so' any road what should we call them pratts is a good one.

4:34 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Yes, pratts is a good name for them, Steve. We don't seem to have a name like Essex lads, though, here in the Midlands.

11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home