Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Chatsworth

Wow, what a fabulous place! I can well believe that Jane
Austen thought of Chatsworth, when she wrote about Pemberley
in Pride and Prejudice. Room after room full of treasures ..
it was breath-taking.
There are a couple of exhibitions on at the moment - several
large sculptures in the garden (I don't know how many will be
permanent), and an exhibition all about the life of the late
Duke, including some of the works of art he collected. It's
all well worth a visit and spending a day there, as Mrs C and
I did.
I'll post a few of the photos I took, over the next few days.


2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Fabulous photos ....

1:55 pm  
Blogger justin said...

Thanks, Mary. It's a fabulous place ... and there weren't any restrictions about indoor photography, which surprised me.

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home